Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ya learn something new every day...

If you ever make a trip to China, don't be surprised when you encounter airborne babies.

Apparently there are organized pick-pockets, including mothers with several young children and a baby or two, who will literally throw babies at you in order to distract you - because of course you will instinctively try to catch a baby flailing through the air, right? - while her other small children stick their tiny hands into your pockets and get away with your cameras, wallets, cell phones, etc...

It is such a sad and desparate situation, but definitely one to be mindful of - wherever you travel!

So training at the Vermont house has been an interesting experience so far, to say the least! Thankfully, we have had a little time to relax...so of course snow angels were in order! You don't get to make snow angels that often when you grow up in Texas...

I've also learned a TON about Vermont, and I have really enjoyed my time here. I appreciate the family farm culture, with maple syrup farms, Macintosh apples, and Morgan horses...and I'd love to visit Vermont in autumn when everything is red, orange, yellow, and golden...
Oh I almost forgot to mention - I bottle-fed a calf at the Adams' Farm - a six-generation farmstead! I used to think that Kylie could really tug at a bottle while she feeds, but now...wow. That calf yanked on that bottle like her very life depended on it. Well, in a way, I guess that's true, but I feel sorry for mama cows - ouch!!

No comments: