Friday, April 4, 2008

Hi from Vermont...


...where our home away from home is a swanky "mountain chalet" surrounded by evergreens, ski slopes, and snow-filled sky, at the moment. Is it in fact haunted by the previous owner? We haven't decided yet.


Training for Collette has been going smoothly, so far. I'm stuck here with Carrie and Annie, though. I don't think I can stand them much longer...


Kidding! I love those girls. We're busy researching The Green Mountain Boys, fall foliage, and Stephen Douglas for our fabulous Southern Vermont tour tomorrow. I'm excited to get out of the house, see the sites, and learn something about Vermont from my fellow trainees. And I look forward to sharing a little Vermont knowledge with them myself! We'll be taking a much longer tour of Vermont on Sunday (including a stop at Ben & Jerry's!!) which is when I'll talk about Richmond, VT and cows/dairy farming in Vermont. Dairy is a big deal up here! Dairy & maple syrup. Yumm....


Speaking of food, Carrie made a popcorn cake tonight. I've never heard of that before...guess it's a Jersey thing. ;) The iced coffee she made this morning was FABULOUS, though, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt...just as long as she's not trying to sabotage my chances of continuing working for Collette beyond this "probationary period." I'm watching you, Care-ie.


Besides, my future passengers are depending on me! Well, they don't know it's me, yet, but somehow I've got to find time to prepare for my April 26 Exploring Britain & Ireland tour on top of all this Vermont business. Guess I better get back to it!

No comments: